Thursday, June 9, 2011

Contracts and Contents

So, I open up my email yesterday - you know, I really need to consolidate my emails. I have two separate email accounts, which wouldn't be so bad, I guess, if I didn't forget to open one. For weeks at a time.

This actually ended up hurting me, a few months ago. I hadn't opened my email in a while - one account is gmail and since my Favorite Web Browser© is set to iGoogle as my homepage, I see that one all the time. And the other one is my ISP email, which means I have to open Microsoft Outlook to get to it. And for some reason, I never seem to get around to it. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up missing the deadline for another compilation of stories: Best Erotic Romances. I only knew about the comp when I saw Kristina complaining about some of the submissions she'd gotten. Checking my email, I did find her email to me, letting me know about the project... right before I got on a train for a week's vacation in Boston. Needless to say, I missed it.

Since then, I've gotten better about remembering to check that email address.... at least once every couple of days or so.

Yesterday, I got my contract and the finished table of contents for Steamlust. So... that's kinda exciting.

Steamlust: Steampunk Erotic Romance

Foreword Meljean Brook

Introduction: A Passion for Steampunk

Iron Hard Sylvia Day

Heart of the Daedalus Saskia Walker

Fog, Flight and Moonlight Sacchi Green

The Undeciphered Heart Christine d’Abo

Mr. Hartley’s Infernal Device Charlotte Stein

A Demonstration of Affection Elizabeth Coldwell

Undergrounded Vida Bailey

Sparks Anna Meadows

Green Cheese Lisabet Sarai

Lost Souls Andrea Dale

Golden Moment Lynn Townsend

Liberated Mary Borsellino

Make Your Own Miracles Nikki Magennis

Rescue My Heart Anya Richards


No comments:

Post a Comment