Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Settling My Head

Garden Variety is out* now (and ahead of schedule, even!) and I have a new project (possibly two, but the only idea I've come up with so far for the Memory Eater anthology is pretty damn vile, so I don't know if I'll go with it or not.) in the Hopper.

So, I'm taking a few days off to get my head on straight again. You'll know this has been accomplished when I stop checking my mail every five minutes to see if the editor has gotten back with me about Garden Variety... I don't know why I do this, especially since I didn't hear back about Golden Moments for... eh, I believe the due date for Steamlust was in March and I didn't hear back until the 2nd of May. But for the first few days, I sit on my email like a nesting bird.

* I usually describe stories as being "In the Hopper" (still working on it... not even enough to be considered a first draft), "In" (I'm working on them now!), "In Beta" (awaiting feedback from a test audience) or "Out" (out the door to the editor/publisher)

No comments:

Post a Comment