Monday, July 25, 2011

Picture This!

So, I did this the other day, and Andrew came up with the following web-page and story. He's very excited about it, which is always fun to see.

Before my daughter was born, I used to live quite a bit closer to my good friend, Liz. Trust me on this, no matter how few or many miles you put between you and someone else, adding a bridge-tunnel into the mix divides the number of times you see that person by at least 2, if not 3. (Which is my way of saying living in southside instead of on the peninsula means I don't see anyone who lives north of Newport News without there being a rather lot of effort involved.)

(I went up to have lunch with a girlfriend of mine up there on Friday. For a 56 mile drive - each way - I was in traffic for 90 minutes on the way up and 2 hours, 14 minutes on the way home. FOR an hour and ten minutes worth of chat!)

Anyway, that's all beside the point; which was this: There's something enormously fun about watching a writer be inspired/get an idea/have an epiphany.

I miss those moments. I used to see Liz get them all the time.

Now... well, who remembers to go look in the mirror when they're jumping around like a crazy woman going "THIS THIS THIS!!"

So, my point - long, rambly, under-caffeinated as it is - is this: Go Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment