Monday, February 27, 2012

Blister Effect

So, Blister Effect's been officially picked up by Torquere, who released the first part, Shadow of Kenfig, as part of their Shifting Steam collection.

I'm very exciting. And now it's time to get to work on Synchronous Rotations, part three, which is shaping up to be a menage a trois story, since the woman involved won't seem to butt out.

This will be my first royalties-based story, so we'll see how that goes. The question is, do I make more, or less, money than I would for a one-payment collection.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the sale!! :-)

    I expect you'll find that you're making more money in royalties, but that you'll stress over it more, too.

    From my own experience, "Of One Mind" was lucky enough to be picked up for review by several fairly well-known (in the genre) reviewers and sites, and it's netted me several hundred dollars in its 2-year run (which is almost over). On the other hand, "Safe Harbor" has yet to break the $100 barrier, despite being (I think) the better story. I think that's due almost entirely to the fact that no reviewers have picked it up (probably because of the underage/noncon at the beginning).

    ReplyDelete