Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I've got the Blues...



So there's that!

50,040 words is my "official" count for Blues. I'm about halfway through Chapter 21 and according to my outline, I have about five and a half chapters left to go... that's ish 11,000 - 13,500 more words (most of my chapters have this weird tendency to be right around 2,200 - 2,400 words. I'm not sure why, that just seems to be how it works out. (It's an average. I promise, I don't mold the chapters into that exact format.)

I've been going through my writer's list recently; just because I have finished NaNoWriMo doesn't mean I have... you know, spare time and shit.

I need to:


  • spend a few days at my dad's farm for the holidays
  • finish writing the end of Mouse Games (I left my poor characters in the middle of a fairly intense bondage scene when NaNo started)
  • re-write Down with the Ship
  • do my marketing piece for Roll
  • buy and decorate a Christmas Tree
  • have a Christmas Party
  • get my daughter new glasses, shoes, cute outfit
  • go shopping for the midwinter spending holiday
  • edit all 25 short stories for Promptly (pending delivery of edits)
  • start work on my Cover Art Request for Roll
  • write a Ghost Story, due Jan 15th
  • edit Blood Sight (pending delivery of edits)
  • Finish Blues (technically "due" sometime in summer 2014)
  • start writing Howling Bitch (due sometime fall 2014)
  • prep for Pistols & Guns release date

Yep. Busy writer is busy.

I'm still trying to block out a schedule to actually finish Blues, but at the moment, it looks like I'm going to leave the boys hanging until mid-January... my "plan" (and believe me, I say that with heavy finger quotes and eyerollies) is to claim it as "due" by February 10th. That way I don't let it sit too long... and then after that, I'll spend a few months writing up Howling Bitch. If I work on the schedule that I managed with Roll (April - August) then I should be able to get done with Howling Bitch by about July. Maybe sooner, as I'm really starting to get my feet under me in terms of production.

While I really don't actually enjoy doing NaNoWriMo, I have to say the demanding word counts do... sort of work for me. I can really produce if I feel like I have to. What I might do is set myself a three month schedule (especially keeping in mind that I wrote Roll while also producing one short story every week, which I will NOT be doing this year)

Because - annoyingly enough - The Wormwood Trade has started to get very demanding about why am I not writing it, why why why?

Honestly, I need more time and less life in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment