Wednesday, December 3, 2014

London Steam

It's the third day of Blissemas and Cara Sutra has some stuff for you... so you should definitely go check that out... (I'd suggest using the envelope link to her entry to find it, because her website has it going ON... and I have no idea where the blog post is that she's going to be advertising... especially since I'm writing this blog post several days in advance because I am going to be BUSY as all get out for most of this month...) Comment on her blog entry to get an entry into the Kindle paperwhite full of smut...

Anyway, check it out...



So, I have a couple of things for you today; first is this List of LGBT books which gives you the opportunity to look through some really great stuff that's available... I have a couple of offerings on there, as well as recognizing some names. But not all, and that's awesome. I plan to spend a bit of my Christmas money on some new reads for next year...

And then the other thing is this... I got my cover for London Steam recently...



Isn't it lovely? Especially since I was not particularly helpful to my cover artist... seriously, I think I said something like "it's steampunky, so make a street with fog and find a historical looking cover model..." Usually, I like to look through the various stock photo options to find something nice, but I've been up to my eyeballs, which you all know, and I sort of threw it at her and ran away screaming...

Which means I'm thrilled to see this one, and how awesome it looks. Two thumbs, way up!

Now, London Steam was a series of steampunk shorts I was working on, originally published with Torquere Press. The first came out with the anthology Shifting Steam, then the other two stories, Blister Effect and Synchronous Rotations, were released as stand-alone bits.

Unfortunately, because they're NOT stand alone bits, but I was new at marketing and also at writing book 'blurbs... it wasn't really clear that they're part of a series. Some people who bought Blister Effect didn't realize there was a previous book... which kinda makes the rest of the story not make loads of sense.

Bad marketing on my part, and I really wasn't given lots of advice or guidance toward making it more audience accessible. Ah well, live and learn.

Originally, I planned to write a bunch of these stories and publish them once every six months or so. That didn't work out so well... part two went out of print shortly after part three became available, so...

Anyway... I got my rights back recently, and JM graciously agreed to publish the three stories I already had in an author's edition, and I would re-draft the fourth (unpublished) story, Obscurity Schism, for inclusion in this volume.

Even if you've bought the other stories before, this has some extra material, about another 20 pages or so... and a lovely new cover. If you haven't read them before, this is the best time to get a copy and check it out...

Scheduled for release December 28, 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment